Yes, There Are More Thrifters

Let's Make Some Friends

There are so many ways to construct a personal brand, I had no idea! Luckily, my newfound friends helped me out a bit. I scoured the internet community for some thrifting blogs that would allow me to construct a brand that is personal and unique to me. Drawing inspiration from others can be an incredibly beneficial practice. Networking is also equally beneficial for both parties involved: my newfound blogger friends receive well-deserved recognition and exposure, and I intake inspiration and perspective. 

Since it seems hardly fair to keep these blogs to myself, I'm going to go ahead and share them with you guys. Each blog listed bellow is special in their own way, and I will let you know how I have benefitted from each one. Feel free to click on the title to enjoy the blog for yourself. Buckle your seatbelts, because it is about to be a thrifting overload. Here we go!


1.  THE OUTFIT REPEATER

We have to first address the color scheme of the blog: it's rainbow. How can someone not be interested in something so colorful? After watching Hannah Rupp, the creator of "The Outfit Repeater", in some of her videos, colorful is the best way to describe her. She exudes passion and joy for what she does. This is why I was easily drawn to her blog. In a judgmental world, it can be hard to stand out and be yourself. Rupp does more than just that: she is unapologetically herself. This concept is going to be hard to execute, but I am hoping to include the same ideas into my own personal brand. The goal is for readers to get to know me, and realize that it is awesome to be yourself.

2. HIGH PLAINS THRIFTER

Meghan, the creator of "High Plains Thrifter", does not just post about her thrift finds. This thrifting blogger also includes a section of her blog for store reviews and sale advertisements. I think that adding these two links within her blog adds unique versatility. Those living in the area that she lives can visit her blog and know what sales are occurring and where; they can also get a professional shopper's personal opinion on various stores. This small differential is incredibly intuitive and unique! I really enjoyed exploring this section of Meghan's blog.

3.  MY THRIFT STORE ADDICTION 

The amazingly clever name is not the only thing I enjoyed about this blog. Differing from some of the other blogs I looked at, Cecelia is on a mission to "Create a Beautiful Home for Less". I think this concept is intriguing for a lot of people; especially those of us with normally expensive taste (like myself). Thrift stores often offer home goods and furniture. The creator of My Thrift Store Addiction, Cecelia, thrifts these types of items and shows her users how to up-cycle and personalize each piece. Keeping my options open to home items rather than just clothing could be a fun addition to my own personal brand.

4. FROM PENNIES TO PLENTY

As an empowering woman, Arlene's blog is dedicated to money saving strategies for the everyday woman. This includes thrifting stylish new clothes rather than purchasing brand new. One of the things I enjoyed about this blog was how she gave tips on how to not only purchase quality clothing, but flip them for a profit too. Little tricks of the trade that are learned along the way can easily be shared in order to help like-minded people complete the same task. This is Arlene's mission, and I so appreciated her encouraging all women along the way!

5. BORN TO THRIFT

I am loving how unique each of these blogs are. At Born To Thrift, Dana styles outfits for her viewers. Not only is she serving awesome thrifted looks, but she lets her viewers know where they can purchase each item (or something similar)! I think this idea is so unique and should be utilized more often. A lot of people know what styles they like, but might be stumped on where to search. Dana does an excellent job of keeping her followers in the fashion loop.


There are so many things to love about each and everyone of these blogs. I wish I could link all of my favorites, but I don't think there is enough room for that! I hope you look into supporting my fellow thrifting connoisseurs, because they deserve recognition. Thank you for stopping by, and I hope you grabbed some new ideas and perspectives on thrifting!

See you next week,

❤ Kate












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yes, I DO Have a Favorite Vlogger

Yes, It's Me!

Yes, It's The Last One