Yes, I DO Have a Favorite Vlogger

Let's Get Into Vlogs

Growing up in an increasingly digital age, I have been exposed to video blogs for quite a few years. Honestly, I remember when "vlogging" wasn't even a key term yet. That makes me sound old (I promise, I'm still hip). 

With age came the need to procrastinate more often; my favorite way to do this became watching Youtube videos. My favorite vlogs were the "Thrift With Me" editions, where content creators took their fans along with them while they hunted for second-hand treasures. I was able to vicariously shop with people I had never met, and I loved it. Seeing other people find new-to-you items was so fun to experience. Luckily for me, all of that internet procrastinating paid off.  


There was only one YouTube vlogger that I watched on a regular basis. I actually waited for her videos to be released each week. Although this particular young woman has changed her content from when I watched her originally, she still continues to inspire me through her videos. This popular content creator is none other than Emma Chamberlain. She has gained a huge following; currently, she stands at 10.9 million subscribers on YouTube. This is no surprise: Emma is one of those vloggers that makes you feel like you know her personally. She lets her personality shine through her videos. This characteristic to her videos made me want to continue watching, week after week. The strategy that Miss Chamberlain has decided to use in her content is an element I would like to include in my own personal brand. Having a personal brand that is based on inclusivity and uniqueness will leave like-minded people waiting for more content.



When I started watching Emma Chamberlain, it was because of her thrifting videos. She is an easy role model for my personal brand because she embodies all of the characteristics that I could see in my personal branding strategies. She follows her passions and includes her followers in the things she loves. Another reason why I love Emma Chamberlain is because she does not try to hide the mundane things in life; she is very real. She also let's her followers know that her life is not always perfect either. This vulnerability is very attractive in a famous YouTuber because not everyone is comfortable sharing the lows in life. These characteristics make Emma Chamberlain a inspiration to my own personal brand.



Take a look at her channel! She is so fun to watch. Until next time!

❤ Kate










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yes, It's Me!

Yes, It's The Last One